Glazed Salt Beef
|Beef brisket||2 Pound, boned and rolled (1 Kilogram)|
|Beef brisket||2 Pound (1 Kilogram)|
|Onions||5 , peeled and sliced|
|Peppercorns||1 Teaspoon (Leveled), crushed (Use A Few)|
|For the meat glaze:|
|Beef stock cube||1⁄2|
|Gravy browning||1 Drop|
|Powdered gelatin||1 Teaspoon|
1. Wipe the meat with paper toweling.
2. Place in a pot and cover with cold water. Let soak for 24 hours, draining and refreshing water 2-3 times.
4. In a saucepan place the meat and add onions, peppercorns and fresh water to cover.
5. Bring water to a boil and skim of the scum that may surface.
6. Add bouquet garni to the pot.
7. Reduce heat, cover pot and simmer meat for about 75 minutes until meat is tender.
8. Turn off heat and let the meat stand in the cooking liquid until cool.
9. When cool enough to handle, remove meat from cooking liquid and place on a platter.
10. Place a plate on top of it and weigh down with a heavy object to press. Allow it to become cold.
11. To prepare glaze soak gelatin in water for a few minutes.
12. In a saucepan, dissolve beef cube in water and add gravy browning.
13. Boil stock.
14. Add the softened gelatin and taking pan off the heat, stir until gelatin has completely dissolved in the stock.
15. Let the glaze cool until thick.
16. Pour the glaze over the meat.
17. Refrigerate until set.
18. Slice the cold glazed beef and arrange on a platter.
19. Serve with sweet and sour cucumber pickles.