|Veal||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Lean veal||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Dry white wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Pheasant||1 (Select A Plump Bird)|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Pork fat||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Dried thyme||1 Pinch|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. Trim the veal and cut into pieces.
2. In a bowl combine brandy and white wine.
3. Add the meat to the marinade and let stand for 1 hour
4. Wipe the pheasant.
5. Cut half the pork fat into thin strips and set aside.
6. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C or Gas No. 6)
7. Baste the pheasant with the butter and place in a roasting pan.
8. Roast for about 15-20 minutes in the preheated oven.
9. Remove from pan in the oven, cool slightly.
10. Reduce oven temperature to 225°F (110°C or Gas No. 1/4 ) and add 1 inch of water to roasting the pan in the oven.
11. When cool enough to handle, shred the pheasant meat off the bones.
12. Combine pheasant flesh, marinated and drained veal and half the pork fat in a mincer and grind finely.
13. In minced meat mixture into the marinade and add seasonings, egg and herbs.
14. Line a 1 1/2-2-pint (1-litre) terrine or pate dish with half the pork fat strips.
15. Pack the pate mixture into the dish.
16. Cover with the remaining strips of pork fat.
17. Cover the terrine with a lid or buttered foil or wax paper.
18. Place in the water bath in warm oven.
19. Bake for 2 1/2 hours.
20. Remove from the oven.
21. Place a weight over the pate and leave to cool for 24 hours in the refrigerator.
22. Unmold and slice
23. Serve pate cold with a green salad and cold sauce on the side.
Calories 1088 Calories from Fat 800
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 89 g136.7%
Saturated Fat 32.6 g163.2%
Trans Fat 0.6 g
Cholesterol 312 mg104%
Sodium 202.3 mg8.4%
Total Carbohydrates 0.44 g0.15%
Dietary Fiber 0.12 g0.49%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 63 g126.1%
Vitamin A 13.4% Vitamin C 17.4%
Calcium 7.3% Iron 14.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet