Danish Meat Balls
|Lean steak||1⁄2 Pound (225 Gram)|
|Pork tenderloin||1⁄2 Pound (225 Gram)|
|Plain flour||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Pepper||To Taste, freshly milled|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (As Required)|
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
1. Trim excess fat and gristle from the steak
2. Cube the steak.
3. Peel and quarter the onion.
4. Combine steak, pork and onion in a mincer or grinder and mince finely, two or three times.
5. In a large mixing bowl, combine minced meat mixture, flour, egg and seasonings.
6. Add sufficient milk bind and make a soft mixture. Keep aside.
7. In a large saucepan, melt the butter.
8. When hot, drop the mixture into the fat, with a rounded tablespoon into 8 equal portions.
9. Brown the meatballs, for about 10 minutes.
10. Turn over and cook another 10 minutes until evenly golden and cooked.
11. Remove onto paper toweling and drain.
12. Let cool completely.
13. Serve the meatballs cold with salad and a sweet pickle or chutney.
Calories 324 Calories from Fat 162
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.2%
Saturated Fat 9.9 g49.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 150.5 mg50.2%
Sodium 588.6 mg24.5%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.2%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 28 g55.6%
Vitamin A 8.9% Vitamin C 6.4%
Calcium 5.8% Iron 5.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet