|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs), not sifted|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground mace||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Shortening/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Currants||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Mixed peel||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Eggs||2 , well beaten|
1) Preheat the oven to about 325°F.
2) Combine together the dry ingredients into bowl and cut in the shortening.
3) Add fruit and eggs mixed with milk to a smooth mixture.
4) Make the dough stiff.
5) Roll dough on floured board to 1/4 inch thickness; half dough at a time.
6) Cut into rounds â€“ with a 2-inch cookie cutter.
7) Bake on heated griddle pan (coated with Pam) at about 325°F.
8) Turn to bake and brown both sides.
9) Serve hot or cold as an excellent dessert.