Cold Sesame Hoodies
|Cooked fettuccine||1 Cup (16 tbs), chilled|
|Julienned carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), matchstick pieces, blanched|
|Julienned zucchini||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), matchstick pieces|
|Julienned yellow bell pepper||To Taste, matchstick pieces, blanched|
|Julienned red bell pepper||To Taste, blanched|
|Canned water chestnuts||1 1⁄2 Ounce, drained, sliced|
|Cherry tomato||2 , cut in quarters|
|Sliced scallions||1 Tablespoon (Green Onions)|
|Sherry wine vinegar/Rice wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil/Peanut oil||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Reduced sodium soy sauce||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Required)|
|Sesame seed||1 Teaspoon, lightly toasted|
|Chinese sesame oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Powdered mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1 Dash|
|Lettuce leaves||8 (Romaine Variety)|
1. Take a medium bowl and add in it fettuccine noodles, carrot, zucchini, bell peppers, water chestnuts, cherry tomatoes, and scallion.
2. Toss gently to combine all the ingredients.
3. Take a small mixing bowl and combine in it remaining ingredients except lettuce leaves.
4. Use a wire whisk and beat the ingredients firmly until all items are blended together.
5. Pour the whisked mix over the noodles and toss gently to coat entire noodles.
6. Either serve immediately or preserve in the freezer for later use.
7. Prior to serve make a bed of lettuce leaves on the serving plate and add fettuccine noodles mix over the lettuce bed.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 747 Calories from Fat 139
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.7%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g8.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 376.3 mg15.7%
Total Carbohydrates 126 g41.9%
Dietary Fiber 10.7 g42.9%
Sugars 11.7 g
Protein 23 g45.1%
Vitamin A 374.8% Vitamin C 77.2%
Calcium 13.6% Iron 29.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet