Scandinavian Christmas Cookies
|Butter||375 Gram (1 1/2 Cups)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Cardamom||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs), ground|
|Orange juice||1 Tablespoon|
1) Pre-heat the oven by setting the temperature to 400Â°F (200Â°C).
2) Take a bowl and add the sugar and butter together creaming them until they become fluffy and light.
3) Add the egg and egg yolk to the bowl, beating them thoroughly.
4) Sift the flour together with cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom and add it to the mixture.
5) Add the orange juice and almonds stirring them in.
6) Blend properly and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour.
7) Take a board and sprinkle flour on it.
8) Roll the dough out maintaining a thickness of 1/4 inch (5 mm).
9) Cut the dough into different shapes.
10) Take a cookie sheet and butter it placing the cookies on it.
11) Place inside a pre-heated oven and bake for 5 minutes approximately.
12) Serve as required.