Scandinavian Christmas Cookies
|Butter||375 Gram (1 1/2 Cups)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Cardamom||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs), ground|
|Orange juice||1 Tablespoon|
1) Pre-heat the oven by setting the temperature to 400Â°F (200Â°C).
2) Take a bowl and add the sugar and butter together creaming them until they become fluffy and light.
3) Add the egg and egg yolk to the bowl, beating them thoroughly.
4) Sift the flour together with cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom and add it to the mixture.
5) Add the orange juice and almonds stirring them in.
6) Blend properly and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour.
7) Take a board and sprinkle flour on it.
8) Roll the dough out maintaining a thickness of 1/4 inch (5 mm).
9) Cut the dough into different shapes.
10) Take a cookie sheet and butter it placing the cookies on it.
11) Place inside a pre-heated oven and bake for 5 minutes approximately.
12) Serve as required.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5963 Calories from Fat 3378
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 388 g596.5%
Saturated Fat 201.8 g1009%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1202.9 mg401%
Sodium 127.6 mg5.3%
Total Carbohydrates 578 g192.7%
Dietary Fiber 28.9 g115.6%
Sugars 308.5 g
Protein 75 g150.6%
Vitamin A 197.4% Vitamin C 14.5%
Calcium 61.1% Iron 123.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet