|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Celery stalks||4 , chopped|
|Onions||3 Small, chopped|
|Parsley||3 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs) (2 Sticks)|
|Red pepper||To Taste (Mild Variety)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Consomme||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Canned mushrooms||8 Ounce (2 Cans, 4 Ounce Each)|
|Bay leaf||1 (As Desired)|
|Flour||2 Tablespoon, browned|
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a Dutch oven, heat butter.
3) Saute the chopped garlic, celery, onions and parsley.
4) Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine red pepper, black pepper and salt.
5) Rub this mix into the birds thoroughly.
6) Then, with 1/2 slice bacon, stuff each bird.
7) In a pot, place the stuffed doves.
8) On top, add consomme, mushrooms, juice and bay leaf.
9) Cover and cook in the preheated oven for 2 1/2 hours.
10) When the birds are tender, remove them from the oven.
11) To thicken the gravy, add the browned flour.
12) Serve the doves and gravy with wild rice.