Meringue Nut Topping
|Dark brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), firmly packed|
|Pecans||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
1) In a bowl, beat the egg white until soft peaks form.
2) To this, add sugar slowly and beat until the meringue becomes stiff.
3) Once the cake is baked, spread the meringue over as desired.
4) Broil till it turns almost golden. Since the meringue browns fast, it's advisable to keep a close watch while broiling.
5) Before serving, garnish with chopped pecans.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 463 Calories from Fat 196
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g36.1%
Saturated Fat 2 g10%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 48.1 mg2%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.5%
Sugars 61.5 g
Protein 6 g12.3%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 0.6%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 4.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet