Meringue And Strawberry Moulded Mousse
|Ripe strawberries||1 Pound, hulled and halved (450 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Lemon juice||15 Milliliter, freshly squeezed (1 Tablespoon)|
|Eggs||2 (At Room Temperature)|
|Powdered gelatin||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Gram)|
|Cold water||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Double cream||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Meringues||4 Ounce, crushed (100 Gram)|
1. Set aside 8 of the strawberries for decoration
2. In a shallow heatproof dish, tip out the rest of the strawberries
3. Add 25 g (1 oz) of the caster sugar.
4. Crush the strawberries with the sugar and then sprinkle with the lemon juice
5. Cover the dish with clingfilm
6. Then microwave on HIGH FOR one minute or till the juices run out of the fruit
7. Mash again and then set aside to cool
8. In a separate bowl, tip in the cream
9. Whip the mixture well till you have soft peaks.
10. Set aside a little of the cream for decoration
11. In a medium bowl, add the rest of the 75 g (3 oz) of caster sugar
12. Add eggs to the bowl
13. Use a electric beater to whisk the eggs with the sugar till you have a smooth yellow mixture that is thick and mousse-like
14. In a heatproof dish, add the water and then sprinkle the gelatin on top of the water
15. Leave to soak until the mixture is firm
16. Then microwave on HIGH for one minutes or till the mixture is melted
17. Mix into the strawberry puree
18. Mix the ready whipped cream with the almost setting strawberry-gelatine mixture into the egg mixture and crushed meringues.
19. Tip this mixture into a lightly oiled 1.75 litre (3 pint) freeze proof fluted ring mould
20. Cover the dish with foil
21. Seal the dish and leave to set in the freezer for atleast 2-4 hours
22. Just before serving, stand the mold in a cool water basin
23. Invert on to a serving dish
24. Decorate the dish with fruits and whipped cream and serve immediately.