Poppy Seed Milk Rolls
|Active dry yeast||1 Tablespoon|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (At 105 To 115F)|
|Whole wheat flour||2 3⁄4 Cup (44 tbs), measured scoop and level|
|Non instant non fat milk powder||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Poppy seeds||1 Tablespoon (For Topping)|
|Egg||1 , beaten with 1/4 cup water (For Glaze)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Glaze)|
1) With a measuring cup sprinkle yeast over 1/4 cup warm water.
2) Let stand in a warm place about 5 minutes until it dissolves or puffs.
3) Stir in oil and honey.
4) In your food processor, use the METAL BLADE setting.
5) In the work bowl, add flour, milk powder and salt. Pulse on/off to mix.
6) Pour in yeast mixture through the feed tube while machine is running.
7) Pour in remaining water in a steady stream, only as fast as the flour absorbs it.
8) Process the dough ball for 20 seconds and test the consistency for right elasticity, stickiness and wetness, by stopping the machine.
9) If it is not ready, then process for another 10 seconds.
10) Sprinkle with additional 1-2 tablespoons flour into the dough and pulse machine on/off to coat dough for easy removal from work bowl.
11) In an oiled bowl transfer the dough and turn over to oil the entire surface.
12) Cover with plastic bag or damp cloth and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
13) Punch down dough and knead for 30 seconds to press out the bubbles.
14) Make out 12 equal parts from the dough, let rest by covering for 5 minutes.
15) Use a well-greased cookie sheet, to place the dough balls well-greased cookie sheet.
16) Let rise in a warm place, uncovered, until doubled, about 45 minutes.
17) Preheat oven to 350Â°.
18) Brush the rolls with egg glaze. Sprinkle with poppy seeds.
19) Place the sheet inside oven on middle to bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and rolls sound hollow when tapped.
20) Transfer on metal rack to cool.
21) Serve the roll warm or cold.