Dutch Oven Chicken Casserole
|Broiler fryer chicken breast halves||4 , boned and skinned|
|Red potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound, unpeeled, cut in 1/4-inch slices|
|Sweet spanish onions||2 Medium, cut in 1/4-inch slices|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh chives||3 Tablespoon, minced (Divided)|
|Lemon pepper||2 Teaspoon (Divided)|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Frozen green peas||1 Cup (16 tbs), thawed|
|Canned pimiento||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
1. In 3-quart Dutch oven, alternately layer potatoes and onions, drizzle over with olive oil and sprinkle with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the chives and 1 teaspoon of the lemon pepper.
2. Pouring chicken broth over the vegetables bring to a boil reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Over the vegetables place the chicken, sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons chives and remaining 1 teaspoon lemon pepper and simmer with cover for 18 minutes.
4. Add peas and pimiento and simmer with cover for about 5 minutes more such that fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
5. Place in four wide shallow individual bowls, garnish as desired and serve.