Dutch Oven Chicken Casserole
|Broiler fryer chicken breast halves||4 , boned and skinned|
|Red potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound, unpeeled, cut in 1/4-inch slices|
|Sweet spanish onions||2 Medium, cut in 1/4-inch slices|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh chives||3 Tablespoon, minced (Divided)|
|Lemon pepper||2 Teaspoon (Divided)|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Frozen green peas||1 Cup (16 tbs), thawed|
|Canned pimiento||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
1. In 3-quart Dutch oven, alternately layer potatoes and onions, drizzle over with olive oil and sprinkle with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the chives and 1 teaspoon of the lemon pepper.
2. Pouring chicken broth over the vegetables bring to a boil reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Over the vegetables place the chicken, sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons chives and remaining 1 teaspoon lemon pepper and simmer with cover for 18 minutes.
4. Add peas and pimiento and simmer with cover for about 5 minutes more such that fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
5. Place in four wide shallow individual bowls, garnish as desired and serve.
Calories 385 Calories from Fat 142
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.4%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g19%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 73.4 mg24.5%
Sodium 224.2 mg9.3%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18%
Sugars 5.9 g
Protein 29 g57.9%
Vitamin A 20.7% Vitamin C 90.5%
Calcium 5.8% Iron 14.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet