Irish Soda Bread
|Whole wheat flour||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs) (At Room Temperature)|
|Margarine||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 375Â°.
2) In your food processor, use METAL BLADE setting.
3) In the work bowl, add whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Pulse on/off to mix.
4) Add honey.
5) Pour in sufficient buttermilk, while the machine is running to prepare a soft dough ball.
6) On a lightly floured surface, transfer the dough to knead in raisins.
7) Prepare a ball out of the dough.
8) Use a greased cookie sheet to place the dough by flattening into a 6 1/2-7 inch circle (about 1 1/2 inches thick).
9) Divide the loaf into quarters, with a large floured knife.
10) Place inside oven to bake for 30 minutes or until top is golden and loaf sounds hollow when tapped.
11) Transfer on wire rack to cool by brushing with melted butter.
12) Serve the bread with your choice of spread.