Hungarian Paprika Noodles
|Whole wheat noodles/Any noodles||7 Ounce (1 Packet)|
|Vegetable bouillon cubes||2|
|Boiling water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Mushrooms||1 1⁄4 Pound|
|Vegex vegetable soup seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry sherry||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Additional, As Needed)|
|Rennetless cottage cheese/Regular cottage cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Pre-heat the oven.
2. In a pot of salted water and 2-3 tablespoons oil, cook the noodles for about 5 minutes, till al dente. Drain and keep warm.
3. With a knife or using the slicing bade of the food processor, slice the mushrooms thinly.
4. With a knife or in the food processor, finely chop the onions.
5. In a mixer bowl, mix the cottage cheese and sour cream and blend, for 30-60 seconds, into a smooth paste.
6. Dissolve the vegetable bouillon cubes in 3/4 cup boiling water.
7. Place a saucepan over medium-high heat and heat 3 tablespoons oil.
8. Add the onions and saute them for 5-8 minutes.
9. Add the paprika and saute for 1 more minute; taking care not to burn.
10. In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat.
11. Add the mushrooms and saute them until for 5-7 minutes, until the liquid has evaporated.
12. Add to the saucepan containing the onions.
13. Stir in the bouillon, Vegex, salt and sherry into the saucepan.
14. Place the saucepan on medium heat and continue cooking, for 5 minutes.
15. Add a little water if it begins to dry, and remove from heat.
16. Stir in the cottage cheese mixture and place in a warm oven.
17. Serve the noodles topped with the sauce.
Take care not to boil the mixture after the cottage cheese has been added or it will curdle.