Dutch Pork Hot Pot
|Boneless pork shoulder||2 Pound, cut in 1 inch cubes|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), unsifted|
|Thyme leaf||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Coriander seeds||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Canned red kidney beans||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Potatoes slice||4 Medium, pared and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices|
|Onions||4 Medium, sliced and separated into rings|
|Carrots||8 , pared and cut in 4 inch lengths|
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
2. Trim off all the excess fat from pork.
3. Shake cubes in a paper bag with flour to coat properly.
4. Take a cup and mix together salt, thyme, coriander and pepper.
5. Drain liquid from kidney beans into a 2-cup measure and add boiling water to make 1 1/2 cups.
6. Take a 12-cup deep baking dish and layer the vegetables as half of each of potatoes, onions, pork, kidney beans and carrots.
7. Sprinkle seasoning mixture on each layer. Repeat with remaining vegetables, pork and seasoning mixture.
8. Add the liquid over and dot with butter or margarine. Cover the baking dish.
9. Place in the oven for 3 hours or until pork is soft.
10. Serve hot in a serving dish.