Tofu Wheat Bread
|Active dry yeast||1 Tablespoon|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (105°-115°F)|
|Firm tofu||9 Ounce, drained, broken into pieces|
|Whole wheat flour||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level)|
|Skim milk powder||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Non Instant)|
|Water||2 Tablespoon (Additional)|
1)Pour yeast over 1/4 cup warm water.
2) Let stand in a warm place about 5 minutes until it dissolves or puffs.
3) In your food processor, use the METAL BLADE setting.
4) In the work bowl, add tofu pieces, oil and honey. Pulse on/off to mix.
5) Add flour, milk powder, salt and yeast mixture to the bowl, by putting the machine off.
6) Pour in remaining water in a steady stream, only as fast as the flour absorbs it.
7) Process the dough ball for 20 seconds and test the consistency for right elasticity, stickiness and wetness, by stopping the machine.
8) If it is not ready, then process for another 10 seconds.
9) Gradually add caraway seeds, while the machine is still running.
10) Sprinkle with additional 1-2 tablespoons flour into the dough and pulse machine on/off to coat dough for easy removal from work bowl.
11) In an oiled bowl transfer the dough and turn over to oil the entire surface.
12) Cover with plastic bag or damp cloth and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, until doubled in bulk, about 1-1 1/2 hour.
13) Punch down dough and knead for 30 seconds to press out the dough.
14) Prepare a ball out of the dough, let rest by covering for 5 minutes.
15) Use a greased 7 7/8 x 3 7/8-inch loaf pan, to place the loaf.
16) Cover and let rise in warm place, free from drafts, until doubled, 45-60 minutes.
17) Preheat oven to 375Â°.
18) Place the pan inside oven on middle rack to bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and bottom crust of loaf has a hard hollow sound when tapped.
19) Immediately remove the loaf from the pan and cool on metal rack.
20) Slice the bread and serve with your choice of dip or spread.