Butterscotch Meringue Pie
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs), scalded|
|Eggs||3 Small, separated|
|Baked pastry shell||1|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) In the top of a double boiler, and slowly add in the milk.
2) Mix together the brown sugar, flour, and salt
3) Stirring constantly, cook till thick.
4) Take off from the heat.
5) Stir in small amount of the hot mix into the beaten egg yolks add back into the hot mix.
6) Place the boiler back on the heat and while stirring, continue cooking for another 2 minutes.
7) Add in the butter and vanilla.
8) Transfer the filling into the pastry shell.
9) In a bowl, add the egg whites and beat till stiff.
10) Slowly beat in the sugar.
11) Spread the meringue over the pie filling and seal to the edge of the shell.
12) Place in the oven at 350 degrees and bake for 12 minutes, till the meringue is browned.
13) Top with cream and serve.