Ground Chicken Stroganoff
|Ground chicken||1 Pound|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Mushrooms||4 Ounce, sliced|
|Canned water chestnuts||8 Ounce, sliced (1 Can)|
|Hot water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken bouillon cube||1|
|White wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Low fat sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Heat non - stick frying pan to medium high temperature.
2) Add ground chicken.
3) After about 2 minutes, add onion and cook for about 2 minutes or more, stirring frequently.
4) Add mushrooms and cook for another 3 minutes or until onion is clear and chicken is brown.
5) Stir in water chestnuts and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
6) Sprinkle flour over all and stir well. Make sure no lumps are formed.
7) Add bouillon cube to hot water.
8) In small bowl, mix together Worcestershire sauce, catsup and mustard.
9) Pour bouillon mixture, then mustard mixture into ground chicken, stirring to loosen pan drippings.
10) Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes.
11) Stir in sour cream and heat only until hot, about 2 minutes .Do not boil.
12) Serve over rice or noodles.