Swiss Steak In The Microwave
|Beef boneless round steak||1 1⁄2 Pound (1/2 Inch Thick)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , sliced and separated into rings|
|Tomato sauce||15 Ounce (1 Can)|
1. Use a sharp knife or kitchen scissors, trim off the excess fat from steak.
2. Use a steak hammer or base of a small saucepan to flatten the steak to 1/4-inch thickness.
3. Slice steak in serving-size pieces.
4. Season the flour with pepper and dredge the meat with the flour on both sides.
5. In a large microwaveable casserole or dish, place the floured steak.
6. Arrange the onion rings over the steak pieces.
7. In a measuring cup combine tomato sauce and sugar, stirring until well dissolved.
8. Pour this over the meat.
9. Cover the dish with a glass lid or plastic wrap making sure there is a way for steam to escape
10. Place in the microwave and set the power at level 5
11. Cook the steak for 40 to 45 minutes, or until tender, checking with a fork for doneness
12. Let the meat stand covered for 10 minutes before serving.
13. Serve the steak with the sauce spooned on top
14. Accompany with bread, pasta or rice if you like.