|Apples||3⁄4 Pound, cored, pared, and diced|
|Dark raisins||2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||2 Tablespoon, granulated|
|Apple pie spice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon peel||1⁄4 Teaspoon, grated|
|Frozen phyllo dough sheets||6 (12 X 17 Inches Each)|
|Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted, divided|
|Confectioners sugar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350Â° F.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, put together apples, raisins, granulated sugar, apple pie spice, cornstarch, and lemon peel; toss well to mix.
3. On a clean surface, place a sheet of phyllo dough.
4. Wrap the remaining sheets of phyllo dough in a slightly damp towel or in a plastic wrap and keep aside.
5. Using a pastry brush, grease the surface of the phyllo dough with 1 teaspoon margarine over unrolled sheet of phyllo dough.
6. Similarly, apply margarine over all sheets and stack them.
7. Place the apple mixture over the surface of the stacked phyllo dough sheets; leave 4-inch border on one of the wider sides and 3-inch space on the remaining sides.
8. First, fold the borders over mixture.
9. Then, start rolling from the wide side in jelly-roll fashion to roll completely.
10. With a paring knife, make 4 slits on top of the rolled out phyllo dough to allow air to escape.
11. Grease a nonstick baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
12. Over the greased baking sheets, place the strudel with the seam-side down.
13. Place the baking sheet at the center of the oven rack and bake for 20 minutes until the strudel is lightly browned.
14. Let it cool on a wire rack.
15. On a serving plate, place strudel.
16. Sprinkle confectioners' sugar evenly all over.
Calories 158 Calories from Fat 40
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g6.9%
Saturated Fat 0.73 g3.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 89.3 mg3.7%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g9.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.8%
Sugars 14.6 g
Protein 2 g3.6%
Vitamin A 4.2% Vitamin C 5.7%
Calcium 1.4% Iron 3.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet