The Fit Foodie Cheesecake
|For the crust|
|Walnuts||3 Cup (48 tbs), crushed, divided (Reserve 1 cup for topping)|
|Whole oats||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cinnamon powder||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (1 tbsp to 1 1/2 tbsp used)|
|Stevia||1 Gram (1 small packet used)|
|Extra virgin coconut oil||6 Tablespoon (5 tbsp to 6 tbsp used)|
|For the filling|
|Greek yogurt||17 3⁄5 Ounce (Whole Greek yogurt used)|
|Low fat greek yogurt||6 Tablespoon (2% Greek yogurt)|
|Neufchatel cheese||8 Ounce (Low fat (1/3 fat) Cream cheese used)|
|Pure vanilla extract||3 Tablespoon (Organic vanilla extract used)|
|Stevia||2 Gram (2 small packets used)|
For the crust:
1. In a zip-lock bag, put in 3 cups walnuts and 1/3 cup whole oats and pound with a kitchen-hammer to crush.
2. Empty the zip-lock bag into a bowl (keep 1 cup walnuts-oats mixture aside to sprinkle as a topping later). Add cinnamon powder and sprinkle some salt. Mix well.
3. Add a small packet of stevia and 5 to 6 tbsp of extra virgin coconut oil (refrigerated to stay solid).
4. Use your hands, combine all the ingredients well.
5. Spread the prepared mixture into a baking pan (chef uses a springform pan). Press down to layer it evenly and as thin as possible.
6. Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes.
To prepare the filling:
7. In a large mixing bowl, add 17.6 oz. of whole Greek yogurt and 6 heaped tbsp of 2% Greek yogurt, low fat cream cheese (Neufchatel).
8. Add organic vanilla extract, stevia and xylitol to the yogurt-cream cheese mixture. Using a hand blender at low-medium speed, mix all the ingredients together until well combined. Set this aside.
9. Once the crust is done baking, let it cool for about 20 to 30 minutes at room temperature. Once cooled, freeze it for 15 to 25 minutes.
10. Once done, scoop the prepared cream cheese mixture and spread it on the pie crust evenly.
11. Cover the pan with tin foil and freeze it once again for about 35 to 45 minutes, and the cheesecake is ready to serve.
12. Serve the cheesecake chilled, plain or topped with fresh fruits.
2. Kitchen-hammer - to crush the walnuts-oats mixture
3. Baking pan (springform pan used)
4. Hand blender
5. Tin foil