Swiss Bread Rosti
|Swiss cheese||8 Ounce|
|White bread||14 Ounce (Stale)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , finely grated|
1. In a bowl add cheese and bread cut into thin slices.
2. Heat milk and water together such that scalding hot and not boiling and pour over cheese and bread.
3. Let it stand for about 30 minutes.
4. In a frying pan, melt butter and saute onion until soft.
5. Add cheese and bread which has soaked up all the liquid and fry on a low heat, turning continually such that golden brown.
6. To serve dust with a little pepper.