Swiss Bread Rosti
|Swiss cheese||8 Ounce|
|White bread||14 Ounce (Stale)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , finely grated|
1. In a bowl add cheese and bread cut into thin slices.
2. Heat milk and water together such that scalding hot and not boiling and pour over cheese and bread.
3. Let it stand for about 30 minutes.
4. In a frying pan, melt butter and saute onion until soft.
5. Add cheese and bread which has soaked up all the liquid and fry on a low heat, turning continually such that golden brown.
6. To serve dust with a little pepper.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2857 Calories from Fat 1542
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 174 g266.9%
Saturated Fat 101.8 g508.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 469.4 mg156.5%
Sodium 2578.4 mg107.4%
Total Carbohydrates 226 g75.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.4%
Sugars 43.4 g
Protein 95 g189.3%
Vitamin A 97.8% Vitamin C 16.9%
Calcium 332.5% Iron 4.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet