Braised Endive Spears
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Tablespoon, melted|
1. Wash stalks of Belgian endive and slice each lengthwise into half.
2. In a large frying pan, arrange endive stalks in a single layer.
3. Pour water just enough to completely cover stalks and sprinkle 2 tablespoons lemon juice and 1 teaspoon salt.
4. Cover pan and simmer endive stalks for 10 minutes until tender-crisp.
5. Drain water carefully to avoid breaking stalks.
6. Arrange endive on heated serving plates
7. Drizzle butter over them and serve immediately