Nadine And Hazel's Swiss Steak
|Round steak||3 Pound|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Stewed tomatoes||14 1⁄2 Ounce|
1) Sprinkle the flour, salt and pepper all over the meat and pound both the sides well.
2) Cut the meat into 6 or 8 pieces.
3) Over medium heat on top of the stove, brown the meat in shortening for about 15 minutes and then put it in a slow cooker.
4) Brown the pepper and onion and add the tomatoes. Bring the mixture to a boil and pour it all over the steak. Completely cover the steak with water.
5) Cover the cooker and cook over low heat for 6 to 8 hours.
6) Serve hot.