Carrot And Swedish Rutabaga Puree
|Carrots||1⁄2 Pound, peeled|
|Swede||1⁄2 Pound, peeled|
|Potato||1⁄2 Pound, peeled|
|Sea salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger||1⁄2 Ounce, peeled|
|Eggs||2 Small, beaten|
1. Rinse the vegetables well
2. In a large saucepan, place the vegetables and pour cold water over them
3. Boil them till tender for 4 minutes over a gentle heat
4. Drain the vegetables when cooked
5. In the same pan, reheat the vegetables all moisture has evaporated and set aside to cool
6. Use a large sieve to pass the cooled vegetable mixture through till it is smooth.
7. Return the puree to the pan and reheat again
8. In a liquidizer jar, tip in the ginger, lemon, orange juice, rice, eggs and honey.
9. Run the blender till the mixture is smooth.
10. Add the juice mixture to the puree and mix well for four minutes. The eggs in the mixture should just start to set and bind the mixture together.
11. Season with cayenne pepper
12. Cool the mixture
13. Place the mixture in individual serving bowls