Old World Borsch Salad
|Potatoes||1 Pound, drained|
|Instant beef broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned beets||1 Pound, drained|
|French dressing||2 Tablespoon|
|Shredded cabbage||1 Pound|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced (1 Can)|
|Onion||1 Small, diced (1 Can)|
|Dairy sour cream||8 Ounce|
|Corned beef||1⁄2 Pound, cut into thin strips (1 Can)|
|Caraway seeds||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a small saucepan cover potatoes with beef broth or bouillon cube in water and heat to boil. Remove from heat and cool in broth while mixing rest of salad.
2. In a small bowl, season beets with French dressing and chill.
3. In another large bowl mix cabbage, celery, onion, sugar, salt and pepper and chill for about 30 minutes.
4. Drain cabbage and potatoes and fold 1/4 cup of the sour cream into cabbage.
5. In a lettuce-lined large bowl arrange with potatoes, beets and corned beef in separate mounds.
6. Into a lettuce cup spoon remaining sour cream, sprinkle with caraway seeds and set in center.