Seasoned Swiss Fondue
|White wine/Chablis/california white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peeled|
|Gruyere cheese||3⁄4 Pound, grated|
|Grated gruyere cheese/Swiss cheese||3⁄4 Pound|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Heavy cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Take 1/2 quart earthenware pot, a clay pot or a glass casserole. Add the wine.
2. To the wine add the garlic cloves. Allow to simmer uncovered for 5 minuites.
3. Using a spoon, remove the garlic cloves from the casserole.
4. Mix the flour with cheese and pepper. Blend well.
5. Add the combined mixture to the wine preparation, and simmer for 3 mins.
6. Stirring constantly add kirsch, butter and cream. Allow to simmer for 4 minuites.
8. Season with salt.
9.Serve with fresh, crunchy and crusted French bread.White wine is a delicious accompaniment.
Use the Fondue forks to spear the bread cubes . Swirl the forks into the warm cheese fondue.