|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mandarin orange sections||2 Ounce|
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to 275° before baking.
2) Drain mandarin oranges, saving 1/2 cup syrup.
3) Whip egg whites and cream of tartar till they reach soft peak stage.
4) Beat in 1/2 cup sugar slowly till the meringue reach stiff peak stage and sugar is dissolved.
5) Using brown paper, cover baking sheet and make 4 circles of about 4 inches in diameter on the paper.
6) Layer the circles with meringue and figure them into shells with back of spoon.
7) Bake for 1 hour in preheated oven and turn off heat, when done.
8) Dry the shells in oven for 1 to 2 hours with door closed and keep side.
9) Mix together 1 tablespoon sugar and cornstarch and pour in saved syrup.
10) Thicken the syrup by cooking and then add in oranges, lemon juice, and ginger.
11) Fill the meringue shells with orange mixture and chill in refrigerator.
12) Serve cold.