Dutch Tile Cookies
|All purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Whole blanched almonds||1 Tablespoon|
|Candied cherry||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to 375F.
2) On sheet of waxed paper, sift flour with baking powder and salt; keep aside.
3) In large bowl, with wooden spoon, beat butter with sugar and vanilla and almond extracts until smooth.
4) Gradually add flour mixture, stirring until well combined.
5) Make a stiff dough.
6) Divide in half.
7) On slightly dampened surface, between 2 sheets of waxed paper, roll out half of dough into a 7-1/2-inch square.
8) Cut into 25 (1-1/2-inch) squares.
9) Decorate each with a nut half and bits of cherries.
10) Place, 2 inches apart, on ungreased cookie sheets.
11) Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or just until lightly browned.
12) Remove to wire rack; cool completely.
13) Repeat with remaining dough.
14) Serve the cookies fresh or store in an airtight container once cooled properly.
Calories 46 Calories from Fat 26
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.5%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 7.3 mg2.4%
Sodium 17.2 mg0.7%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.08 g0.32%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 0.29 g0.58%
Vitamin A 1.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 1.3% Iron 0.64%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet