|Frozen spinach||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thawed and well drained|
|Scallions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped to make 1/2 cup (White Portion And Some Green, Green Onions)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Frozen phyllo dough sheets||3 , thawed (12X17 Inches Each)|
|Feta cheese||1 1⁄2 Ounce, crumbled|
|Flat leaf italian parsley||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped (Fresh)|
|Fresh dill||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Lemon peel||1 Dash, grated|
1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Take 9 inch non stick skillet and spray it with non stick cooking spray. 3.Heat the skillet and add scallions, spinach and garlic and cook for about 3 minutes until moisture evaporates.
4. Transfer contents of skillet to a mixing bowl and let cool.
5.Spray non stick cooking spray on work surface and arrange 2 phyllo sheets side by side.
6.Remaining phyllo sheets have to be cut crossiwse. 7.Now, place one half piece of phyllo over the whole phyllo piece to form a stack of 2 phyllo sheets. 8.Now, begin cutting the phyllo sheets from the narrow end and cut each stack in 4 equal strips.
9.Spray surface of phyllo sheets with non stick cooking spray.
10. To the spinach mixture add cheese, dill, pepper and lemon peel and mix well.
11. Spoon about 1/8 of the spinach mixture on to narrow portion of phyllo strip.
12.Now fold one edge diagonally over filling to meet the narrow end making a triangle. 13.Continue to fold from left and right alternatingly until strip is completed.
14.Repeat the procedure to make 7 more spanakopitas using the phyllo sheets and spinach mixture.
15. Place on baking sheets and bake for 15 minutes until golden and brown.
16. Serve immediately.
Calories 41 Calories from Fat 12
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2.1%
Saturated Fat 0.8 g4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4.7 mg1.6%
Sodium 102.7 mg4.3%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2%
Dietary Fiber 0.72 g2.9%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 2 g3.9%
Vitamin A 30.7% Vitamin C 10.2%
Calcium 5.4% Iron 4.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet