|Chicken livers||1 Pound, halved|
|Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Bacon slices||4 , cooked|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), softened|
|Sherry||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Garlic salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Parsley flakes||1 Tablespoon (As Required)|
1. In a medium bowl, mix livers, broth, onion and thyme.
2. Cover the bowl and cook on High for 4 to 5 1/2 minutes.
3. Then, cook on Medium for 7 1/2 to 9 minutes until livers are tender, stirring once.
4. Drain and reserve 1/4 cup liquid.
5. In a food processor or blender or mixer, puree liver and onion mixture, reserved broth, bacon, butter, sherry, garlic and pepper until smooth.
6. Ladle the pureed mixture into a crock or small bowl.
7. Garnish with parsley and chill.
8. Serve as a spread with crackers.
Calories 265 Calories from Fat 158
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.5%
Saturated Fat 9.3 g46.5%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 423.2 mg141.1%
Sodium 426.7 mg17.8%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.1%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 21 g42%
Vitamin A 266.2% Vitamin C 44.8%
Calcium 7.3% Iron 77.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet