|Unflavored gelatin envelope||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Canned consomme||13 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Hard-cooked eggs||2 , shelled|
|Canned liver spread||8 Ounce (2 Cans, About 4 Ounces Each)|
|Toasted walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Sweet pickle relish||1 Tablespoon, drained|
1) In a small saucepan make gelatin softer in madrilene.
2) Heat the gelatin, stirring frequently, until gelatin dissolves.
3) Take off from heat.
4) Transfer half-inch-thick layer into a 3-cup bowl.
5) Chill the gelatin just until sticky-firm.
6) Cool the remaining gelatin mixture in saucepan at room temperature.
7) Cut the eggs and press through a sieve.
8) Mix with cooled gelatin mixture in saucepan.
9) Add liver spread, walnuts, relish, salt, and pepper and mix until well blended.
10) Pour the mixture over sticky-firm gelatin layer in bowl.
11) Chill for several hours or overnight to set.
12) Before serving with the edge of a sharp knife, loosen pate.
13) Invert on a serving plate.
14) Place sliced pimiento-stuffed olives on top.
15) Pass with crisp crackers.