Peach Meringue Crown
|Sugar||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Vanilla ice cream||1 Quart|
|Peaches||3 , peeled, halved and pitted|
|Almond peach glaze||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 250 degrees.
2) Use brown paper to line a cookie sheet and in the center, draw a 7-inch circle with the help of a bowl or a salad plate.
3) The meringue needs to be prepared in two batches. First, in a medium-sized bowl, beat 3 egg whites till they are foamy-white and double in volume. Very slowly, sprinkle 1 cup of the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, and beat well after ever y addition till the sugar has completely dissolved and the meringue stands in firm peaks.
4) Inside the outline of the brown paper, spread the mixture, building up a 2-inch rim around the edge.
5) In preheated oven, bake for 45 minutes, or till the mixture is firm. Allow to cook on the paper while preparing the 2nd meringue batch.
6) Beat the remaining 3 egg whites with the remainder of the sugar as before.
7) Onto a pastry bag, fir a large star tip and fill it with the meringue mixture. Around the side and on top of the baked meringue rim, pipe rings and make swirls around the top with the meringue which is left.
8) Bake the now decorated meringue in the oven for 45 minutes more or till it is firm.
9) Allow to cool completely on the paper and then use a spatula to loosen the shell. This preparation can be done days before servings. The meringue shell should be stored in a container with a tight-fitting lid.
10) An hour before serving put the meringue shell on a serving plate.
11) With a large spoon, scoop the ice cream to make petals and fill the meringue shell.
12) On the ice cream, arrange peach halves and top with the Almond Peach Glaze.
13) Serve immediately.