Arroz Con Pollo
|Chicken breasts||12 Ounce, skinned and boned (4 Pieces, 3 Ounce Each)|
|Long-grain white rice||4 Ounce|
|Long grain white rice||4 Ounce|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Canned tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), crushed|
|Red pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped jarred roasted|
|Chopped roasted red pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Jarred)|
|Canned ready-to-serve low-sodium chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned low sodium chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Ready To Serve)|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh parsley||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh rosemary/1/4 teaspoon rosemary leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh rosemary leaves/1 teaspoon fresh rosemary||1⁄4 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Frozen peas||1 Cup (16 tbs), thawed|
|Black pepper||To Taste, coarsely ground|
|Coarsely ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Rosemary sprigs||4 (For Garnish)|
|Lemon wedges||4 (For Garnish)|
1) Take a nonstick skillet of 12 inches and heat oil in it.
2) Add the chicken and cook for 5-7 minute, turning only once in the process until it becomes brown.
3) Remove to a serving plate and keep aside.
4) Add rice and onions to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes until they turn translucent.
5) Add the broth, rosemary, red pepper, parsley and salt stirring them in.
6) Place chicken in it again and simmer for 25 minutes.
7) Add the peas and cook for 5 minutes more until rice softens.
8) Garnish with lemon wedges and rosemary sprigs and sprinkle ground black pepper before serving.
Calories 448 Calories from Fat 49
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.5%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g5.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 49.3 mg16.4%
Sodium 513.5 mg21.4%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.6%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27.2%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 31 g61.5%
Vitamin A 98.5% Vitamin C 177.5%
Calcium 11.3% Iron 24.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet