|Onion||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), finely chopped|
|Finely chopped onion||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Bay leaves||1 1⁄2 , crushed|
|Pepper||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Salt pork||1⁄4 Pound|
|Prime rib roast||6 1⁄2 Pound|
|Boneless beef sirloin tip/Prime rib roast||6 1⁄2 Pound|
|Condensed beef broth||21 Ounce, undiluted (2 Cans, 10 1/2 Ounce Each)|
|Condensed beef broth||21 Ounce, condensed (2 Cans,10 1/2 Ounce Each)|
|Sherry||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a small bowl blend 1/2 cup onion with parsley, salt, bay leaves, pepper, thyme and cloves.
2. Cut salt pork into strips 3 inches long and 1/4 inch thick and roll strips in seasoned herb mixture.
3. Cut slits in the meat 3 inches deep and about 1 1/2 inches apart and insert salt pork strips.
4. Into center of roast insert automatic meat probe fully.
5. In the oven plug the other end into socket.
6. Setting the doneness indicator 150 degrees or higher, turn oven thermostat to 325 degrees.
7. In a bowl or a container combine remaining seasoned herb mixture, 1 cup onion, beef broth and sherry.
8. After 1 hour of roasting pour this mixture over meat.
9. Continue to baste occasionally such that meat has reached desired doneness for about 3 1/2 hours total for well done.
10. Retain the roast at keep-warm oven setting for at least 20 minutes before serving.
11. This rest period makes the meat more firm and easier to carve.
12. Skim excess fat from pan juices and remove salt pork from meat as it is sliced.
13. Serve juices with sliced meat.