Frosted Honeydew Crescents
|Canned fruit cocktail||29 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Strawberry flavored gelatin||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Hot water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tiny marshmallows||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sliced maraschino cherries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Drain syrup from fruit cocktail. Measure and reserve 2 cups and set aside.
2. In a small bowl add the gelatin and pour over the hot water. Stir until dissolved completely.
3. To gelatin mixture, add 1 1/4 cups syrup and lemon juice and let cool till lukewarm.
4. In the meantime, place cream cheese in a bowl and whisk with a fork or wire whisk until creamy.
5. Add mayonnaise or salad dressing to it and blend.
6. Fold this mixture into the gelatin mixture.
7. Fold in fruit, marsh-mallows and cherries.
8. Add the cream in a clean dry bowl and beat with an electric mixer until stiff and stands in soft peaks.
9. Place bowl of fruit-gelatin mixture in a larger bowl or pan filled with ice cubes.
10. Fold in whipped cream. Keep folding the mixture frequently after every 3-4 minutes until mixture starts to semi set.
11. Pour into 2 ice-cube trays or an 8-cup shallow pan.
12. Freeze for 3 hours until set.
13. Cut honeydew into 8 wedges scooping out and discarding seeds and fibers.
14. On 8 individual dessert plates, place a melon wedge.
15. Spoon frozen fruit mixture onto each wedge.
16. Serve immediately.