Swedish Pancakes With Cherry Compote
|Milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||1 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon, melted (For Serving)|
|Confectioners sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cherry compote||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Serving)|
1) In a bowl beat eggs and 1 cup of milk.
2) Sift together the dry ingredients and then mix it with the egg mixture, beating well.
3) Beat in the remaining 1 1/2 cups milk and the melted butter.
4) In a 10-inch non-stick skillet, heated over medium heat, melt 1/2 teaspoon butter.
5) Coat the pan with the butter by swirling it as well as possible.
6) Into the hot skillet, pour 1/4 cup of batter and then rotate the pan, working quickly, so that the batter is coated evenly on the bottom of the pan.
7) Cook the crepe for about 1 1/2 minutes until it becomes golden brown on the bottom.
8) Toss it over and then cook for 1 minute more and then transfer to a plate.
9) Make more crepes with the remaining batter, pouring in a little more butter if they begin to stick to the pan and then stack them on the plate.
10) Cover the crepes with a kitchen towel and serve at once. Else cover the crepes well in plastic and refrigerate or freeze for future use.
11) Apply remaining melted butter over the crepes, if desired, and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar before serving.
12) Place the crepes on dessert plates after folding them into quarters.
13) Add a dollop of cherry compote or sweetened berries of your choice on top of the crepes.
Calories 358 Calories from Fat 163
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.4%
Saturated Fat 10.7 g53.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 149.2 mg49.7%
Sodium 236 mg9.8%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.14 g0.56%
Sugars 38.5 g
Protein 7 g13.7%
Vitamin A 12.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 12.4% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet