Royal Consomme Madrilene
|Light cream||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|White pepper||1 Dash|
|Consomme madrilene||13 Ounce|
|Dry sherry/Madeira||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to 300F.
2) In small bowl, using rotary beater, beat egg, cream, salt, and pepper until well blended but not foamy.
3) In a buttered 2-cup custard cup, strain the mixture.
4) Set custard cup in shallow pan on oven rack.
5) Pour hot water into pan to 1/2-inch level.
6) Cover custard cup with piece of waxed paper.
7) Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
8) Remove custard cup from water.
9) Let it cool; then refrigerate until well chilled.
10) Just before serving: In medium saucepan, heat madrilene just to boiling.
11) Cut chilled custard into 1/3-inch cubes.
12) Place cubes in 6 consomme cups, dividing evenly.
13) Stir sherry and lemon juice into madrilene.
14) Ladle over custard cubes In consomme cups.
15) Serve the Royal Consomme at once.