Swedish Meat Balls
|Ground chuck||1 Pound|
|Ground pork||1⁄4 Pound|
|Ground veal/1/2 pound of either, if only one other meat is desired in addition to beef||1⁄4 Pound|
|Bread crumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Milk/Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, peeled, finely chopped|
|Salt||1 3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dill weed||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Canned beef broth||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Light cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a bowl, soak the bread crumbs in milk or light cream for 5 minutes.
2) In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground meats, eggs, onion, allspice, nutmeg, 1 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon dill weed, mix well.
3) Cover and place the mixture in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
4) Then shape the mixture into 1-inch balls.
5) In a skillet, lightly brown the meat balls in the heated butter.
6) In a slow cooker, place the browned meat balls and add rest of the ingredients alongwith the skillet drippings
7 ) Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours or on HIGH for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours.
8) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.