|Smoked cod's roe||6 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|White bread slices||6|
|Onion||1⁄4 Large, grated|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), mashed|
|Olive oil||8 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||6 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Gelatin||1 Teaspoon, dissolved in 1 tablespoon water|
|Finely chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Black olives||1 Tablespoon|
|Hot toast||8 (For Serving)|
1) Trim off the bread crusts.
2) In a bowl, soak the bread slices in water.
3) In a mortar, place the roe. Lightly squeeze the bread and add to the mortar.
4) Make a smooth paste by pounding with the pestle.
5) Add onion and garlic into the paste and stir well.
6) Drizzle in olive oil, cream and lemon juice alternately in small amounts and every time stir the mixture thoroughly, to give a smooth and even texture.
7) In a blender, transfer the mixture. Process the mixture to smoother consistency.
8) Add dissolved gelatin and keep on beating.
9) Use individual soufflé dishes or ramekins, to pie the mixture nicely. Sprinkle parsley on top.
10) Garnish with black olives and serve with hot toast on side.