Episode 58 - Waffles and Strawberry Compote - 7-10-11
|Eggs||3 , seperated|
|Granulated sugar||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|All purpoase flour||5 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Baking powder||9 Gram|
|Whole milk||10 Ounce|
|Unsalted butter||2 Ounce, melted and cooled|
|Vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon|
|Cooking spray||4 Dash|
|For strawberry compte|
|Strawberries||1 Pound, cut in small pieces|
|Granulated sugar||4 Ounce (3 ounce and 1 ounce seperated)|
|Water||7 Ounce (6 ounce and 1 ounce seperated)|
1. Preheat the waffle iron.
2. In a mixer bowl place the egg whites and beat them on high speed.
3. As the egg whites starts to get frothy, slowly add in the sugar, while still beating until it reaches stiff peak consistency.
4. Transfer the egg white in another bowl and put all the remaining ingredients in the mixer bowl.
5. Beat the flour mixture in the stand mixer until it forms in smooth batter.
6. Fold the egg white meringue into the flour mixture a in 3 parts.
7. Spray the waffle iron with cooking spray and ladle the batter and spread all over.
8. Close the waffle iron and allow to bake for 7 minutes until light brown on top.
9. Remove the waffle, spray and the waffle iron and bake more waffles until all the batter is used up.
10. In a bowl, put together corn starch, 1 ounce of sugar and 1 ounce of water, and mix well.
11. In a saucepan, put together 6 ounces of water, 3 ounces of sugar and about a handful of strawberries and bring to a boil.
12. Add in corn starch slurry and stir continuously for 1 to 3 minutes.
13. In a bowl, place the remaining strawberries and pour the boiling sugar mixture and stir to mix and allow to cool.
14. Place the waffles on a serving plate and top it with strawberry compote.
Calories 545 Calories from Fat 164
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.5%
Saturated Fat 9.9 g49.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 196.2 mg65.4%
Sodium 262.5 mg10.9%
Total Carbohydrates 83 g27.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.3%
Sugars 49.1 g
Protein 12 g23.8%
Vitamin A 12.5% Vitamin C 111.1%
Calcium 29.4% Iron 18.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet