Filo Pastry Apple Strudel
|Granny smith apples||1 Pound, thinly sliced|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Filo dough sheets||5 Large|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl combine the sugar with cinnamon and set it aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, add the apples and 1/3 cup of the sugar-cinnamon mixture. Mix until well combined. Set it aside.
4. On a tea towel, place one sheet of filo and brush with butter, add the second of filo over the first one and brush it butter. Repeat this until 5 sheets are prepared.
5. Once done, layer the apple filling on one side of the of the prepared filo sheets and sprinkle it with the remaining sugar-cinnamon mixture.
6. With the help of the tea towel, roll the filo dough over the apple mixture, rolling it until the edge. Roll it as tightly as possible around apples.
7. Take a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place the rolled dough on it with seam side down. Brush the top with remaining butter. Add a little more of the sugar-cinnamon mixture on top of the roll.
8. Bake this in the oven at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Serve the apple strudel in desired slices.
Calories 220 Calories from Fat 106
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.5%
Saturated Fat 7.3 g36.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.2 mg10.1%
Sodium 50.2 mg2.1%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10%
Sugars 15.1 g
Protein 2 g3.6%
Vitamin A 7% Vitamin C 0.02%
Calcium 0.7% Iron 0.16%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet