|Unsalted butter||1 Cup (16 tbs) (2 Sticks, At Room Temperature)|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), sifted|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Brush two 8-inch pie plates lightly with butter.
3) In a bowl, cream the butter with an electric mixer. Gradually beat in the confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy.
4) Stir in the flour and salt, stir with a wooden spoon, then with hands to mix thoroughly.
5) In each pie plate, press 1/2 the dough at the bottom, shaping the dough into a smooth, flat disk.
6) Prick the shortbread all over the surface in rows and make a border with fingers to crimp the edges. Score each disk with a knife halfway through to the bottom to make 8 wedges.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for about 35 minutes, until golden brown and firm.
8) Remove from the oven and cut through along the scored lines with a knife. Allow the shortbread to cool down in the pans.
9) Place on a serving plate and serve as desired.
Calories 202 Calories from Fat 102
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.8%
Saturated Fat 7.3 g36.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.2 mg10.1%
Sodium 123.1 mg5.1%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.53 g2.1%
Sugars 7.3 g
Protein 2 g4.3%
Vitamin A 7% Vitamin C
Calcium 0.6% Iron 5.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet