Scones and Cream
|Scone mix||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Skim milk/Any liquid||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chocolate chips||2 Tablespoon|
|Traditional cream scones|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||6 Tablespoon, diced|
|Half & half||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Teaspoon (For dusting)|
|Half & half||1 Tablespoon|
|Faux clotted cream|
|Cream cheese||3 Ounce|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Pre-heat the oven to 375F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
2. In a bowl, place scone mix, add milk, and mix.
3. Using an ice-cream scoop, drop half of the mixture into the prepared baking sheet.
4. Add chocolate chips and mix, continue dropping the mixture on the baking sheet.
5. Bake at 375F for 10 to 12 minutes.Allow to cool on a rack.
6. Serve warm or cold with tea.
Traditional Cream Scones
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and dust it with ﬂour.
3. In a bowl, add ﬂour, baking powder,sugar and salt, mix together.
4. Add butter, using a pastry blender, mash and mix the butter into the flour.
5. Add half $ half and mix until nicely incorporated.
6. Transfer the dough to the prepared parchment sheet. Dust your hands with flout and make a circle of about 8 inch diameter.
7. Spoon dough into center of parchment. Sprinkle some ﬂour on top and begin pressing into a circle. Press out dough until it as about 8 inches in diameter.
8. Cut into 8 wedges, do not separate. Dab with half $ half and sprinkle some sugar.
9. Bake at 375F for 15 minutes. Transfer to a rack and allow to cool.
10. Serve warm or cold with tea.
Faux Clotted Cream
1. In a bowl place cream cheese and sugar, beat until it turns creamy.
2. Add whipping cream and vanilla, continue beating until stiff.
3. Use this cream as a dressing for scones.
The preparation can be stored refrigerated for about a week.
Calories 537 Calories from Fat 233
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.4%
Saturated Fat 14.9 g74.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 70 mg23.3%
Sodium 291.5 mg12.1%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g21.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.1%
Sugars 19.8 g
Protein 9 g17.3%
Vitamin A 8.1% Vitamin C 1.1%
Calcium 21.6% Iron 7.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet