Authentic Welsh Rabbit
|Cheddar cheese||1 Pound, shredded|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pepper white||1 Dash|
|Beer/Ale||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Toast slice||12 , halved diagonally|
1. Prepare a double boiler pan. For this take a medium size saucepan and fill it with 3 inches of water. Place the pan on a medium low flame and allow the water to simmer steadily.
2. Fit a bowl over the saucepan such that the base of the bowl does not come in direct contact with the simmering water.
3. Add the butter in the bowl and allow it to melt.
4. Then blend in the cheese and seasonings and stir until melted.
5. Tip in the beer and whisk lightly until the sauce is thick and bubbly.
6. Keep warm until ready to serve.
7. On each serving plate, place three toast halves.
8. Cover them with the cheese sauce.
9. Sprinkle with paprika or garnish with tomato slices or olives if you like.