Lemon Pound Cake
|Cake flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Lemon zest||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), melted|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 1⁄2 Cup (22.4 tbs)|
1. Pre-heat oven to 350F.
2. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and and spray with baking spray.
3. In a mixing bowl, place flour, baking powder and salt, mix together.
4. In an electric mixing bowl, place sugar, lemon zest and mix.
5. Add lemon juice, eggs, vanilla and butter, mix until all ingredients are nicely incorporated
6. Gradually add in the cake flour and beat until just combined. Pour into the prepared loaf pan.
7. Bake at 350F for 15 minutes, and then at 325F for another 30 minutes.
8. Allow to sit for 10 minutes, transfer to a rack and allow to cool.
9. In a sauce pan, add sugar and lemon juice, cook on medium high heat, until it comes to a boil, reduce the heat and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
10. Using a skewer, poke some holes on top and sides of the cake. Brush with the prepared syrup.
11. When the cake cools completely, cut into slices.
12. Serve as dessert or as a snack with your choice of beverage
Calories 527 Calories from Fat 228
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.7%
Saturated Fat 15.2 g76.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 166.2 mg55.4%
Sodium 209.1 mg8.7%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.6%
Sugars 45.1 g
Protein 7 g14.9%
Vitamin A 16.7% Vitamin C 35%
Calcium 9% Iron 3.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet