Moist, delicious and full of lemon flavor, this pound cake will be a welcome site on your tea tray!
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)
1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)
1 1⁄2 Teaspoon
1 Cup (16 tbs), melted
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Fresh lemon juice
1 1⁄2 Cup (22.4 tbs)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350F.
2. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and and spray with baking spray.
3. In a mixing bowl, place flour, baking powder and salt, mix together.
4. In an electric mixing bowl, place sugar, lemon zest and mix.
5. Add lemon juice, eggs, vanilla and butter, mix until all ingredients are nicely incorporated
6. Gradually add in the cake flour and beat until just combined. Pour into the prepared loaf pan.
7. Bake at 350F for 15 minutes, and then at 325F for another 30 minutes.
8. Allow to sit for 10 minutes, transfer to a rack and allow to cool.
9. In a sauce pan, add sugar and lemon juice, cook on medium high heat, until it comes to a boil, reduce the heat and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
10. Using a skewer, poke some holes on top and sides of the cake. Brush with the prepared syrup.
11. When the cake cools completely, cut into slices.
12. Serve as dessert or as a snack with your choice of beverage
For a pound cake recipe that is simple and amazingly delicious, watch this video and get ready to turn your afternoon tea into a great success. One bite of this and guests wouldn't want to stop eating!