Scones are always great with a cup of tea, but when you add some fresh raspberries and a little lemon zest, they are perfection!
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
6 Tablespoon, diced into 1/2 inch cubes
1 , zested
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. Pre-heat oven to 400F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.Dust the parchment paper with flour.
3. In a large bowl add flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt, whisk together.
4. Using a pastry blender, crush the butter into the flour.
5. In a small bowl, place milk, egg, lemon zest and vanilla, using a fork, mix gently.
6. Pour the egg-milk mixture onto the flour mixture, add raspberries and gently toss to mix.
7. Transfer the batter to the prepared baking sheet, using your hands make a 1 inch thick circle, use more flour for dusting, if required.
8. Using a knife, cut the circle into 8 pie shapes, do not separate the pieces.
9. Bake at 400F for 15 to 18 minutes, until the edges turn golden brown. Allow to sit for 15 minutes.