Cheese Fondue Party: Easy Entertaining
|Dry white wine||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Sauvignon Blanc)|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Pound (4 Cups)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic salt||1 Dash|
1. Into a fondue pot, pour wine. Simmer until wine starts to bubble, about 4-5 minutes. Do not boil the wine.
2. In bowl, toss cheese with baking soda and ﬂour.
3. Add cheese mixture , 1/2 cup at a time, to hot wine. Stir in ﬁgure 8 motion until melted and blended.
4. Add garlic salt and stir. Heat 5 minutes to develop ﬂavors.
5. Serve with chunks of baguette bread, red bell peppers, sliced apples, blanched broccoli, blanched brussels sprouts, whole mushrooms or even roasted potatoes.
Calories 223 Calories from Fat 132
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.2%
Saturated Fat 9.6 g47.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 47.6 mg15.9%
Sodium 361.7 mg15.1%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.08 g0.32%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 12 g23.3%
Vitamin A 9.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 33.1% Iron 3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet