Croissant Bread Pudding with Jack Daniel's Sauce: Sweet World #4
|Milk/Half and half||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla essence||1 Teaspoon|
|Croissants||3 Large, slice half horizontally (stale)|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For jack daniel's sauce|
|Egg yolk||1 , lightly beaten|
|Jack daniels||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. In medium bowl, put together the eggs, yolks, milk, sugar and vanilla whisk well and set aside.
3. In a baking dish, place the bottoms of the croissants, sprinkle the raisins and put the tops on.
4. Stream the custard all over the croissants and let it soak for 10 minutes, pressing them lightly.
5. In a large pan, place the baking dish in it and pout hot water in pan until it comes about 1/3 to 1/2 up the side of the baking dish.
6. Cover the baking dish with foil, put some holes on top and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
7. Remove the foil and bake for 30 minutes more or until the custard sets.
8. Remove from oven and let it cool slightly.
9. In a saucepan over low medium heat, melt the butter, add sugar, egg yolk and water and bring to a boil for about 5 to 6 minutes.
10. Take the pan off the heat and stream in whiskey.
11. Serve warm over the Croissant Bread Pudding.
Calories 550 Calories from Fat 240
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.4%
Saturated Fat 12.2 g60.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 337.4 mg112.5%
Sodium 352.3 mg14.7%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g21%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.6%
Sugars 51.9 g
Protein 14 g28.4%
Vitamin A 15.6% Vitamin C 0.57%
Calcium 18.6% Iron 7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet