Russian Celery Bake
|Celery||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||3 Ounce|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Toasted And Slivered)|
1) Preheat oven to 325° F.
2) Remove heavy outer ribs of celery and cut remaining celery diagonally into 1/4-inch pieces.
3) Take a saucepan with boiling salted water and cook celery in it for about 5 minutes or until crisp and tender. Drain well.
4) Take a small saucepan and melt butter in it.
5) Add flour and blend well along with 1 teaspoon salt and pepper.
6) Gradually stir in cream.
7) Cook mixture over low heat until thick and smooth, stirring constantly.
8) Melt cream cheese in sauce.
9) Take a 1 1/2-quart greased casserole and place celery in it.
10) Pour sauce over celery and sprinkle almonds on top.
11) Bake for about 20-25 minutes.
12) Serve Russian Celery Bake hot.