|White bread slices||3 , crumbled|
|Instant minced onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Meat loaf mixture||2 Pound (With Ground Beef, Pork And Veal)|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Tablespoon (1/2 Stick)|
|Condensed beef broth||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Light cream/Table cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 325°F before baking.
2) Take a large bowl and mix together bread, onion, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and milk in it, keeping aside for 10 minutes.
3) Mix in meat-loaf mixture until well-blended and then figure the mixture into 1 1/2-inch balls.
4) In a large frying pan, heat butter or margarine and brown balls in it.
5) Using a slotted spoon, remove the balls from pan and place in a 10-cup baking dish.
6) To pan drippings, add flour, mixing well and then cook the mixture, stirring constantly, until bubbly.
7) Mix in beef broth and cream and allow the sauce to thicken by stirring and boiling for 1 minute.
8) Pour the sauce over meat balls and bake for 30 minutes in preheated oven.
9) Serve hot.
Calories 380 Calories from Fat 258
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.5%
Saturated Fat 13.4 g67%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 115.9 mg38.6%
Sodium 673.2 mg28.1%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3%
Dietary Fiber 0.24 g0.97%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 26 g52.4%
Vitamin A 8.2% Vitamin C 0.25%
Calcium 3.8% Iron 0.88%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet